DuoDERM® Extra Thin Dressing Pad in Bangladesh
DuoDERM Designed to reduce the risk of further skin breakdown due to friction.
- DuoDERM® Extra Thin Dressing can be used as a primary hydrocolloid dressing for dry to lightly exuding wounds.
- DuoDERM® Extra Thin Dressing can be used to manage stage I and stage II pressure ulcers.
Protection of DuoDerm
A thin polyurethane film provides a bacterial and viral barrier when the dressing is intact and does not leak.
- The film provides a waterproof barrier on the dressing.
- The dressing can be removed without damaging the newly formed tissue.
- It is designed to reduce the risk of further skin breakage due to friction by preventing contact with clothes / bed linen.
- It can be used on the body as a primary or secondary dressing.
- It can be used on skin tears and superficial wounds, lightly exfoliated wounds from dryness, newly formed tissue or at the risk of further rupture of the skin.
Ease of Application
- Wash your hands, cleanse and rinse the wound and then dry the surrounding skin.
- Measure the wound to select the appropriate dressing size, allowing a 3.0cm (1¼ -inch) overlap on intact skin around the whole wound.
- Warm the dressing between your hands.
- Remove the “top” white release paper, being careful to minimize finger contact with the adhesive surface.
- Hold the adhesive side of the dressing over the wound.
- Align the dressing with the center of the wound.
- Gently apply the center part of the dressing.
- Remove the “bottom” white release paper while rolling the dressing in place – but don’t stretch it.
- Repeat the above procedure on the other side and remove the clear release paper.
- Gently mold the dressing into place for 30-60 seconds.
- Gently lift one corner of the dressing.
- Roll it away from the wound while holding the skin away.
- Gently lift the other corners and pull upwards until the dressing completely peels off.